Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Anderson Academy in Action

It's hard to believe we are starting the 5th year of Anderson Academy.
I am proud to introduce our newest student Drew Anderson as he officially starts Kindergarten this year. He is already off to a terrific start! Kurt is right on his heels and Annascott...well...she is right in the middle of everything.
Having three kids "in school" has been quite an adjustment..especially with a very avid preschooler on the side. Everyone is always needing mommy! We have had to enforce new rules such as "raise your hand if you have a question" and "if I can't help you RIGHT THEN...move on to the next problem!" This kids have also learned how to help each other when the teacher is not available. It has been quiet a bonding experience to say the least.
The Lord has already revealed to me in many ways that I cannot do this in my own strength. Although I often try too! I must make it a priority to keep my cup full. This year we are setting aside some time right after breakfast for "morning quiet times." It helps us to start off with the right focus for the school day. It has been so sweet to see Annascott join right in with her "Bear Bible!"
Here are the younger students starting their day...


Here the older ones are diligently working on their assignments...or at least pretending to be...

I wish I could say each day we demonstrated the "fruits of the spirit" and school was smooth sailing! At least it's something we are working towards. For sure, there's never a dull moment at the Anderson Academy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new posts! I wish my kids could go to Anderson Academy too - I hear they have the BEST teacher! :)